Description, History, Care Tips, Images and Videos of all Species of Fish
To list and describe every species of fish in the world would be an impossible task, and honestly, not much use to the average fish keeper.
Instead, what you will find in this section are guides to the most commonly kept species, with lots of details, images, care tips and more for each fish we take a look at.
You’ll find advice on the best fish for beginners, detailed lists of different types of fish such as freshwater, marine, bottom feeders, algae eaters and so on.
Perhaps the most useful articles though will be articles dedicated to individual species, where we discuss for each:
- General description, colors, and variations available.
- How big they get, and how long they live.
- How easy or hard they are to keep – Any special care considerations
- Feeding and diet
- Preferred tank size and shape
- Aquarium Set-up (filtration, lighting, substrate, water temp, etc.)
- Tank mate compatibility
- …and more.
Please browse through our library of fish species articles below: