How-Tos, Tips, Tricks, and Knowledge on the Practical Side of Fish Keeping
Fish keeping is a very practical hobby. By which I mean there’s lots of actual, physical things to do, such as water changes, cleaning, feeding, adding fish to the tank, vacuuming your sand or gravel. There are lots of things to actually ‘do.’
For every little task, there are right ways and wrong ways of doing it. And if you do things wrong, at best you make the work harder for yourself, at worst you can endanger the life of the fish and plants in your tank.
In this section of the site, we provide all the knowledge and know-how on practical fish keeping. Step by step guides that show you HOW to do the things we have to do as fish keepers, and also WHY.
You’ll also find in here educational articles, interesting facts, and knowledge on all aspects of fish keeping, answering common questions you may have, and aiming to improve your knowledge on fish keeping in general.
How Tos and The Practical Side of Fish Keeping
In this section, you will find practical step-by-step guides on how to perform the many little tasks involved in fish keeping. We detail how to do things efficiently, correctly, and remove any risk or apprehension you may have when faced with any task.
- How to Cycle a fish Tank: Easy to Follow Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Acclimate Fish and Introduce a New Fish to an Aquarium Safely
- How to Change Aquarium Water – Quickly and Safely for Your Fish
- How to Use a Gravel Vacuum to Clean your Fish Tank or Aquarium
- How to Clean a Used Fish Tank – Make an Old Aquarium Safe for New Fish
- How to Lower or Raise the pH in Your Aquarium – 11 Ways to Choose From
- How to Find and Prepare Driftwood for Your Aquarium
In this section, we aim to improve your general knowledge. You’ll find articles that answer all the questions you might have, and many that you didn’t even know to ask, as well as busting myths and offering practical help with common problems many fish keepers face.
- Do Fish Grow to the Size of Their Tank? Truth or Myth?
- Why is My Fish Tank Cloudy? And How to Get Back to Clear Water!
- How Does An Undergravel Filter Work?
- How Does A Sponge Filter Work? Is One Right for Your Aquarium?